Sunday, May 8, 2011

GRADUATION!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to walk the stage and graduate with my Masters in Social Work from UTSA.  I can't believe that I'm already done.  It literally feels like I just started yesterday.  I don't even think it's really hit me yet.  This just feels like a break, but the good news is that the break is for a whole three months.  It seems like a tad of a cop out to keep going to school.  Many of my classmates are getting licensed and looking for jobs, but I'm passing go and heading to law school.  Reviewing my letter from St. Mary's about all the next steps for over the summer makes me feel very productive and not like a bum at all for staying in school.  

Graduation went surprisingly smoothly despite my initial panic attack about having the wrong hood-thing, as the dignified Masters graduates call it.  Luckily the bookstore had boxes of replacements for all the dorks who got the wrong thing.  I had plenty of time with my fellow graduates to congratulate each other, hang out and take some pictures. Like so:
 

I'm smushed back there in the corner, but that gown is really unflattering anyway, so you're not missing anything.  The ceremony went by pretty quickly and I didn't trip, so I declare it a success!

I was so happy that so many people could make it to my graduation party.  It was great to have all my family and friends come together to celebrate my genius.  Kidding!  It was amazing though to see how easily my family and Shea's got together.  Not that I was really that worried because everyone in both of our families is so friendly and welcoming, but it's nice to see everyone chatting and getting along so well.  I'm so thankful for all the great memories and gifts my family gave me yesterday evening.  Even though they might be mad I didn't post the much better picture, I liked the candidness of this one.  My family is really kick ass and I could have never gotten to this point in my life without their love and support.


This is one of my ridiculously delicious cake that I'm glad I didn't take left overs of because I would have had no problem with eating it.  It's a little hard to read, but the cake says "one more to go".  I had said this in passing discussing the party, but I laughed when I saw that my grandma actually put it on the cake. 

 I had so much fun at the party and I'll definitely miss my cohort at UTSA.  Thankfully Facebook enables us to stay up to date on each other's lives pretty easily.  May is full of events, so next up is Shea's 26th birthday on Thursday.  I thought of his present months ago and I can't wait to finally give it to him.  After Shea's birthday, there's bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, weddings, and trips to Ohio. Looks like my three months off will be pretty busy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment