Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Here I Go...

Good afternoon! This is my foray into the whole blogging business. I don't know that I have a real purpose or direction for this blog, but I want to share the important things. This could range anywhere from trips, recipes, adorable cat pictures, life events, or foreign policy. To start off, here's a little bit about myself. I am 22 years old and about to graduate with my Masters in Social Work for the University of Texas at San Antonio. I'll be starting law school at St. Mary's in the Fall, so I plan on taking it easy this summer and enjoying myself before the crazy world of law school begins. I'm lucky enough to be dating the best man in the world, Shea and I have been together for 7 months going on 70 years. Our favorite pastimes are hanging around with our cats Professor (short for Professor Catface Meowmers) and Maggie (short for Magistrate), eating at Bee's Mexican Restaurant on Saturdays, and watching/reading/playing anything Harry Potter related. I was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas and am probably the whitest Mexican you know. I just came around to the whole idea of refried beans and guacamole and despite my tan exterior, I don't speak Spanish. Lo siento, buddy. I've been working at the cafe inside Barnes and Noble since I was 16, so I could whip you up a grande, non-fat, no-foam, extra hot, triple, sugar free vanilla, 1/2 splenda latte if you need me to, but would prefer not to. And if you're the person asking for that drink I'm probably going to not-so-discretely roll my eyes at you when I read the cup with this ridiculous order on it. As evidenced by the long term relationship with BN, I'm a reader. Mostly in the memoir, cookbook, and teen sections. Please tell me you've read Hunger Games by now. I love to cook for friends and family, go out for a hike (weather permitting or not boiling, this IS Texas after all), and going to zoos and museums. I invite you to stay tuned and see where this adventure goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment